Monday, September 5, 2011

Galway

Charming little city. It is famous for it's rain. The hostel I'm staying at is the Kinnley house. It is massive, with large lounge room almost like a cafeteria, and spacious 8 bed mixed dorms. All of my roommates are very sweet and jolly. They are from Spain and Germany again, but try their best tontalk to me. One amongst them all is the most lively. Antonio from Spain. He is a bit older and got a job teaching Spanish. He travels from place to place every year or a little bit less. He says, " I am not rich, but I am a gypsy and free spirit and my memories are worth more than anything I could buy." I have warmed up to him a lot. He is about 36 and has some great stories. We went to a pub that a friend in cork let me know about, Kelleys, this morning for breakfast. Our breakfast was a beer. We are both avoiding food out. I had bread and he had cheese he brought from home, which was excellent. The food here isn't that great here apart from some seafood, but all very expensive. This relieves me that he find things here expensive as well. He has assured me that my money will go much much further on mainland Europe, which is about a third of the price.
The city is easy to get around, and there is a nice scenic walk along the bridge. I will have to suck it up and layer up with raincoats and go soon. The rain is kind of nice to book the rest of my trip. Ive already counted out northern Ireland. Flights from Dublin to Scotland are much cheaper and quicker than a couple more days on the bus and the ferry. I've also scheduled my flight from Edinburgh to London a day before my flight from London to Germany. I'll walk the city but would rather save my funds. May take the tunnel back with the last day of my auroral to see Stonehenge and fly from London to new York for the cheapest. fare. Off to the Aran islands tomorrow for the cliffs, as well as the Neolithic and celtic sites. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment