Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dublin

Captain's log: day...who even knows. Going into this one with my last buzz from Irelans. Had to have a few Guiness at temple bar. I don't tend to right after drinking, but then again I don't tend to drink alone, and yet again agin are you really alone in a bar with loads of people, even if they don't speak English, to engage in random and pointless conversation... I say nay.
Dublin is a very neat city, and far bigger than all the others I've been too. I missed the tour to the ancient Celtic sight Newgrange this morning. There wAs no way that, for lack of a better word, I was going to get Ny sleep with the fuckers, excuse my language mother, that were up until the crack of dawn in my room and the guy that I thought was having an asthma attack in his sleep henwas snoring so loud. Was wondering when mynfirst rediculous hostsel, or hostile hostel haha, experience was going to come about. I called it quotes when the ouley wouldn't work to charge my iPod, and had to go get a key for another room. The obnoxious American girls and two obnoxious Australian boy's Blau faintly ignorant and mindless conversation and battle over whose country was better pushed me over the edge, and some stole my towel, ew, but stiLl that shit was like 16 euro, light weight, for that price it should have been cougar fur.
I spent my morning finding the other guy who gave up on sleeping in that room before I even went in, to retrieve it. Hotel staff got it for me. I was about to make wanted posters. Spent my whole afternoon exploring Dublin and successfully thing in those five to six hours found every nook and crany.
My last few days before Dublin were good fun. I walked Ucc, the college in Cork, the first might back. It was gorgeous, I think it just got upgraded to a five star campus. It was like a mini hogwarts. The next day, after sleeping of myna
L nighter i visited blarney. The castle was neat, but exploring the grounds for the three hours after closing with no one around was the most spectacular. They kept the grounds astonishingly groomed. It was like a fairy tail. I roamed in the Forrest trails, and off the Forrest trails. There was a fern garden, where the ferns were like trees, it looked tropical, and kind of like a game board from super Mario bros. There were gardens and a river walk, rabbits bulging out every ten minutes and hills of green and cows grazing.
The minute I hit the the streets this afternoon I ran I to Simons and the other Italian boy from Galway. I heard them yell out my name right when I was getting my bearings. It was good seeing a friendly face. They are very delightful sweet boy, and for some strange reason find me quite fascinating haha. I joined them for fish n chips. It was like they read my mind because this was exactly what in was wandering to find to start my day. They had a place suggested to them. They treated me to lunch, against my will. What gentlemen, then sent me on my way. I will surely contact them while visiting Naples.
I saw the university, the cathedrals, old Viking town, st.
tricks cathedral, Dublin castle, and all the random districts. Temple bar, which is a street, and area, as well as the popular bar, is a neat area for the night time, with late night pubs and cobble stone streets.
I really can't think of much else to share so....recap on Ireland:
Moro bars are the most spectacular cheap chocolate bar ever one Ted: they're from cadbury, which I noticed is the leading cheap candy in shops and gas stations.
Pikey's, for those who are unfamiliar with this, the u.k. Gypsys, really are a nuisance.
I saw a midget dressed up like a leprecon today.
I can't even go intomthe lingo, but no I cannot understand half the time when a group Irish are speKing quickly to one another.
The Craic is the fun.
Guiness tastes no different, however, the other beers like, the original budwieser, hieneken and much more, aren't dampened and chemicaled down to hardly any percent alcohol, and don't taste like shit.
Irish men propose on a first glance
Sprise...it rains alot
Plumbing hardly works
Shocker...they stop serving beer, if you are buying it to party locally and not at the pubs, by ten.
A load of people surf
With the new generation, very few are practicing Catholics
there are vegetarian options everywhere. While right next to them helpings of meat, layered on top of meat, on a meat patty topped with meat pudding are the number one sold dishes.
The stereotype of Irish folks being amongst the friendliest and most considerate in Europe has rung true for me.
When it came to leaving my new friends in Cork I choked back tears. Leaving Ireland is not a pleasant thought.
What a remarkable place in this world. Farewell, Ireland. Hopefully come through again soon.
Off to Scotland...which I'm sure is beaming with history, not to mention the home of my historical heroes, William Wallace and Robert LeBruce. beginning my journey in Ireland, and then to Scotland, makes me not the least bit disappointed in having to skip over England.
Love you all,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment