Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Long day

HelloFamily,
Had a few run ins at the airport. I arrived late in Gatwick, which unfortunately made me miss my Ryan air flight. After the attendant was trying to charge me, what I roughly figured to be 400 us dollars, I figured out how to get wi-fi very quickly to find a last minute flight online. Kind of off to a rough start you could say. I managed to bribe the attendant at aer lingus to print me out a ticket at the check in desk, because I was just over the two hour ahead of time mark to purchase online. This is a much better alternative to sleeping in the airport, and getting put on the same flight tomorrow for a $200 change fee. Lucked out in some regards. Other than that everything is great haha. Iceland had a very cool vibe to it. I'll have to add it to my list. Let's just say I'd rather of stayed there then dealt with potentially being stuck in the heart of London. Should be off to cork before too long. I can't say for when sure, because they have this very strange monitor system. It tells you a time when they will be posting your gate number, but the times they say it will be available only supersede the time the gate also closes by about fifteen or twenty minutes. It's quite entertaining actually. Everyone kind of swarms the screen then break off to make there mad dash. Better get my running shoes on. Love you all
Sierra

1 comment: