Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cork

Sierra,
Now this is what I am talking about.  I made it to Cork with just enough daylight left to take a look around before checking into my Hostel.  I LOVE IT.  Sorry I havn't emailed mom...I assure you I am alive and well.  The public transportation seems easy enough here.  I checked in to the Bru bar and hostel.  The streets here are lined with pub, it's nearly every other building.  The rooms are tiny as expected, and you have to hold in the nozzle to get some cold water to dribble on you, but that's minor.  When I walked into Bru to check in I literally had to walk thru an old traditional looking pub to the very back where, when the bar tender has time, she comes over and gets you your key. It is very safe.  I have to swipe my key at least three times to get into the hallways to my room.  I've already met one really sweet girl visiting with her friend.  They are both 17 so can't go out with me, but we took a night stroll.  There is a lot to see, but nearly impossible to get lost.  A river lines the main street , and you can always recognize where you are at from there.  I' ve been told Dublin and Galaway are similiar.  The two girls are from Germany.  Marta and Magda,  that's not easy to mix up or anything.  They live in Munich, and Magdalena gave me her contact information already,and invited me to stay at her parents if I could cancel my hostel for Octoberfest.  I do not want to be responsible for corrupting a highschool student, even though the drinking age in Germany is 16, so I may decline.  I think she was just really excited to practice her English:).  As I type this letter to you guys I have had a kid from the hostel strumming the entire Mumford and Sons album, by this point.  I think he's setting the mood for me.  Well I am going to go have myself a Guiness.  I have no concept of time right now and I am pretty sure I havn't eaten now in 24 hours, so one should do me in.  Good thing the bar is right down stairs.  A local guy right off the bus, also told me about this great place that has local live music.  I'll save that for tomorrow night when I meet a few more people.  Take care.  Love you, and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you made it there safely. Enjoy yourself and yes... please do not corrupt the young German girls. I'm excited to hear about your European adventures. So get started...Love you and miss you already:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds amazing! take some pictures of your hostel situation haha I wanna see what it looks like. have fun and enjoy yourself

    ReplyDelete